Ferries from Algeciras to Ceuta (and return)
The Ceuta to Algeciras ferry schedule is available at the bottom of the article.
When you plan to get from Spain to Morocco there are plenty of plane and ferry routes to choose from, depending on the city you plan to depart from and the budget you’ve got available.
Without a doubt, the shortest route is the ferry from Tarifa to Tangier, but the ferry from Algeciras to Tangier is another good option to look into.
Besides these two great choices, there’s also the Algeciras to Ceuta route, provided by ferries run by several companies. Ceuta is a Spanish enclave located on the North African side of the Gibraltar Straight. Ceuta also uses Euro (just like Spain). There aren’t many things to do here – except for shopping, visiting the lighthouse and the fort – so your best bet is to cross the border into Morocco and plan your day from there.
How long does it take to get from Algeciras to Ceuta?
Depending on the company and vessel it takes between 30 min and 45 min to get from Algeciras to Ceuta.
Is there a high speed ferry between Algeciras and Ceuta?
Yes, both Balearia and Acciona Trasmediterranea run fast ferries between the two ports.
How much does it cost to get from Algeciras to Ceuta by ferry?
The prices depend on the company and vessel.
- Balearia: high speed ferry €30.50 per person (emission charges excluded: €2.50), one way. There aren’t any discounts if you book a RT ticket.
- Acciona Trasmediterranea: high speed ferry, €84 per person for a tourist RT ticket (excluding the standard issuing fee: €2). There’s also a promotional fare of €31.30 per person, one way (excluding the standard issuing fee: €2).
How many ferries per day depart from Algeciras to Ceuta ?
The following ferry connections are available between Algeciras and Ceuta:
- Balearia: fast ferry, 6 departures daily, first at 7 a.m., last at 10 p.m., ferries depart every 3 hours
- Acciona Trasmediterranea: fast ferry, 10 departures per day, first at 6 a.m., last at 8 p.m., ferries depart every two hours and run until Sept 13, included.
Are there any overnight journeys between Algeciras and Ceuta ?
How about the ferries from Ceuta to Algeciras ?
The following ferries are available from Ceuta to Algeciras:
- Balearia: high speed ferry, 6 departures daily, first ferry at 8:30 a.m., last ferry at 11:20 p.m., ferries depart every 3 hours.
- Acciona Trasmediterranea: high speed ferry, 10 departures daily, first ferry at 7:30 a.m., last ferry at 9:30 p.m., ferries depart every two hours and run until Sept 13, including.
Where can I buy tickets from?
Tickets can be bought from the online booking sites, from the ferry companies’ websites and from the ports.
Search here for ferries:
Other related information:
>> Going from Madrid to Algeciras or Tangier
>> Ferries from Tarifa to Tangier
>> Ferries from Gibraltar to Tangier
>> Ferries from Almeria to Melilla
>> Ferries from Barcelona to Tangier
>> Ferries from Almeria to Nador
>> Ferries from Malaga to Melilla
Photo credit: betta design on Flickr