Rick Steves’ Europe DVDs, new 2011-2012 season features Spain, DVD set giveaway
Most travelers know about Rick Steves‘ Europe travel guide books and his long-running series of travel programs on public TV. Each episode of the TV program highlights a particular city or small region, so obviously no one season can contain every country in Europe. For the 2011-2012 season, there’s a big emphasis on Spain.
There are 10 new shows in the 2011-2012 season, and three of them feature destinations in Spain. The Spain episodes (including descriptions from the Rick Steves people) are:
- Granada, Cordoba, & the Costa del Sol – Andalucía’s Moorish heritage sparkles in the historic capitals of Granada and Cordoba. Tasting the smooth sherry and marveling at prancing stallions, we find the passion in Andalucían culture, then top it off with some fun on the Costa del Sol.
- Andalucía, Gibraltar, & Tangier – Starting up high, in Spain’s whitewashed Andalucían hill towns, we roll down to the coast to enjoy windsurfing in Tarifa. Then we catch a bit of Britain on the Rock of Gibraltar, and sail to Africa for a Moroccan finale in Tangier.
- Northern Spain & the Camino de Santiago – We follow the trail pilgrims have trod for centuries, from the French Pyrenees to Spain’s Santiago de Compostela. Along the way, we stop off in Pamplona to run with the bulls, and dive into the unique Celtic culture of Galicia.
Other episodes featured in the 2011-2012 season are:
- Norway’s West: Fjords, Mountains and Bergen
- Helsinki and Tallinn: Baltic Sisters
- Croatia: Adriatic Delights
- Dubrovnik and Balkan Side-Trips
- The Best of Slovenia
There’s even a bonus extra on the DVDs that you won’t get when the episodes air – it’s Rick Steves’ European Insights and European Travel Skills Lecture.
These episodes are beautifully done, as Rick Steves shows always are, and are very good at inspiring wanderlust. The entire 2011-2012 season is on two DVDs for a total of more than five hours of shows. You can buy your own set (either for yourself or as a gift) for just $24.95.
We’re happy to announce that the fine folks at Rick Steves’ Europe Through the Backdoor have provided us with a copy of the 2011-2012 season of Rick’s shows to give away to one lucky WhyGo Spain reader.
To enter, leave a comment with your best Spain travel tip, which we may use in a future post. Never been to Spain? Ask a question instead and we’ll be sure to answer. We’ll draw a winner on 10 January 2011 from all entries received before midnight EST.
Thanks again to Rick Steves’ Europe Through the Backdoor for supplying us with this great giveaway, and be on the lookout for the Spain episodes when they air on your local TV station – or get the DVD set for yourself!