Spain News: 08.23.08
Here are some Spain items in the news lately:
- You might be surprised to find a statue of Woody Allen in Orviedo, Spain – the stars of his latest movie, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, were.
- Can you replace a guidebook with a GPS system? A Times Online writer reviews one system that claims you can do just that, with a GPS tour of Barcelona.
- If you thought being a matador was only a job for the young (and foolish), you’d be mistaken. This 65-year-old matador has come out of retirement to compete again.
- The police in the Costa del Sol have evacuated over 10,000 people after two small bombs went off in the area.
- Rafael Nadal continues Spain’s winning streak with Olympic gold.