Spain Travel News 6/16/2010
With summer approaching fast, the list of events taking place in Spain is getting longer and longer. Gear up for the World Cup season as Spain kicks off today with a match against Switzerland! Music festivals and summer events are also flooding the streets of Spain, so be sure to keep yourself up to date.
- Preview: Spain vs. Switzerland – A prelude to the thrilling match of Spain vs. Switzerland today , with both teams reigning as favorite for this World Cup season. The battle is going to be a fierce one, read more on the intense match.
- Euro Weekly News: God Bless the World Cup! – Euro Weekly News columnist Chris Marshall gives a funny anecdote of life in Spain and the nation’s world cup craze.
- Spanish Bizarre News: Man Climbs to Top of Sevilla Bridge – A man was arrested in Sevilla on Tuesday after he climbed to the top of the La Barqueta bridge in the city at 8am and pitched a tent there. The man, who has not been named in reports, did so to draw attention to his difficulties in finding a job.
- PhotoEspaña 2010 – From June 9 to July 25, Madrid will play host to PhotoEspaña 2010, the International Festival of Photography and Visual Arts, showcasing the work of over 372 artists from 41 countries around the world. The events will take place in various museums, art gallery and culture spots around the city. Check its official website for full schedule and entrance fees.
- Madrid Annual Book Fair – The annual feria del libro will be held from 28May to 13 July at Parque del Duque de Fernán Núñez, in the Retiro Park. Besides having books from all over the world on sale, other activities like workshops, recital sessions and public debate will also be held.
- Madrid Gay Pride Festival – Madrid’s lively, raunchy gay scene is on full display in the Chueca district. Starting from 27th June, Madrid Gay Pride parade will be held in the capital´s center. Here is a list of events taking place during this period.
- Sangria with a Twist – With summer temperatures soaring this week, here’s an innovative recipe for making sangria with a twist – hot sangrita and blanco con lima!